Precision Machining is a specialized and highly intricate process of creating a specific part out of one or more of a variety of materials, while holding tight tolerance finishes. RD Machine does precision machining on an array of materials and levels of complexity from plastics to high temperature alloys with a tolerance range from .010”to .0001”. RD Machine has 25 years experience in precision machining of very complex parts for niche markets, which you can see in our online portfolio.
Our precision machining capabilities utilize many types of tooling machines and processes, including milling and turning. Due to our highly advanced computerized equipment, we are able to complete complex projects on machines using CNC (Computer Numerical Controls).
Milling & Turning Equipment/Capabilities
- Nakamura-Tome Super NTY3 Twin spindle/three turret w/ milling 10 axis
- Nakamura-Tome WT300 MMY Twin spindle/Twin turret w/ milling 7 axis – 4” bar capability
- Foba Laser Marker w/ rotary table
- Mori Seiki ZL150 SMC – Twin spindle/Twin turret w/milling 6 axis
- Wasino A12 – Single turret w/milling and Y axis 4 axis
- Wasino G6 – Gang Style turning w/ autoloader 2 axis
- Nakamura-Tome WT300 MMY Twin spindle/Twin turret w/ milling 7 axis
- Hwacheon Hi Tech 200CI Single Turret 2 axis
- Mori Seiki NL2000 MC/500 Single Spindle w/milling 4 axis
- DMG/Mori Sprint 20-8 1.0″ capacity w/ milling 8 axis
- Makino PS 95 w/ Nikkon Tilt-Rotary table 14,000 rpm
- Fadal 4020 HT w/ Tilt-Rotary table 10,000 rpm
- Mori Seiki NH4000 DCG Horizontal w/ 6 pallet pool 12,000 rpm
- Makino A51NX Horizontal 4 axis / 14,000 rpm
- Fadal 3016 HT 3 axis / 10,000 rpm
- Haas VF2-SS 4 axis / 12,000 rpm
- Sharpe/Accurite TMV
Inspection is an integral part of precision machining, and RD Machine has finest in inspection equipment on the market. We are able to check our turned parts for concentricity, roundness and all lengths and diameters in relation to each other, using the Sylvac Optical inspection machine. Our skilled machinist can check parts faster and more accurately, using the Brown & Sharpe Xcel 7-10-7CMM that is programmed by part number. There’s no question start to finish, RD Machine is equally dedicated to all aspects of precision inspection.
- Brown & Sharpe Xcel 7-10-7 CMM w/ articulating probe head
- Brown & Sharpe SF454 Shop Floor CMM
- Helmel 112-104 Manual CMM w/ articulating probe head
- Sylvac Optical inspection machine for round parts
- Nikkon V-12A Optical Comparator w/ quadra check
- Mitutoyo SJ-400 profilometer
- Pratt and Whitney Model C Super Micrometer
Contact RD Machine today to discuss how we can provide precision machining for your next project.